[mythtv-users] Sudden change in aspect ratio

Lonnie Borntreger myth at borntreger.com
Mon Nov 5 22:52:52 UTC 2007

I have a laptop with a widescreen display.  My recording sources are
only 4:3 and it has always showed black bars on the left and right side
of the recording to fill the space.

Now I just updated the laptop to newer X and it has started stretching
the video to fill the widescreen.  I don't like this, since it makes
everything look "fat".... but I really don't want to downgrade the
updated X.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get it back to not stretching the
video?  I'm sure I have the option set so it shouldn't override the
aspect ratio... plus I didn't change anything in Myth to cause this.

Help would be appreciated.

Lonnie