[mythtv-users] UPnP and PS3

Phillip phillip.walters at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 00:28:34 UTC 2007

I'm working on streaming my videos over UPnP to my PS3 with MythTV's
built-in UPnP server.  It streams recordings just fine, but the stuff I
put into MythVideo(h.264 inside of an mp4 file) presents a problem.
When I browse to those files, the PS3 says unsupported data.  However,
if I use a UPnP server like fuppes or mediatomb, the files stream just
fine.  I was wondering if there's any sort of configuration I'm missing
on the Myth side and if anyone else has had luck getting this working.
Any help is appreciated.