[mythtv-users] Fast Forward/Rewind

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Nov 4 17:49:22 UTC 2007

On Nov 4, 2007, at 9:26 AM, Ma Begaj wrote:

> As I can remember you can use Channel +/- to do this.
> M.
> 2007/11/4, Bruce Nordstrand <brucen at ksl.com.au>:
>> Howdy
>> I have seen in MediaPortal that there are 2 different methods of fast
>> forward/rewind. One does the 5x, 10x etc and one does 5 mins, 10
>> mins,
>> 30 mins etc. Is the second version available in Myth and if so how
>> do I
>> make it work? I have only ever used the 5x etc as that is what is in
>> lircd for my MCE remote....

One of my favorite recently discovered skip tools is to hit a number
between 1 and 9, then skip and it will skip to that percentage (x10)
in the program. For instance, 1 Skip- brings you to 10% from the top
of the program. 6 Skip- brings you 60% into the program. 4 Skip+
brings you 40% from the end of the program. Much faster when you want
to do a lot of quick jumping around.