[mythtv-users] seagate giving refunds out

griz_quattro griz_quattro at tx.rr.com
Sat Nov 3 02:52:08 UTC 2007

Brian Wood wrote:
> Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:
<snippage>
>> Seagate is giving partial refunds if you bought one of their hard drives
>> in the past two years because they falsely advertised the storage
>> capacity. I ran into this issue when i bought a few 500gb drives only to
>> find that they only actually have 466gb of storage. Just passing this
>> along to my myth friends who have helped me out in the past few months.
>> -Steve
<snippage>
> All well and good, perhaps.
<snippage>
> I suspect that the attorneys involved will make more on this than the
> "victims".
>
> Welcome to the Litigious States of America.
>
> (Of course my real complaint is that I'm one of those who never keeps
> receipts, so I lose out here :-)
>
> beww

Seagate has had a good run of drives for the past few years and
I can not complain. Penalizing a manufacturer for the buyer's
ignorance is nuts. It's as irresponsible as it is incredible.
I won't apply for a refund, even though the receipts are in the file.
Litigious States of America: where buffoonery is meagerly rewarded.