[mythtv-users] HD tuner: best bang for the buck

Mark Rafn dagon at dagon.net
Sat Nov 3 19:13:52 UTC 2007

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007, Cool Frood wrote:

> I've heard that Comcast carries the OTA HD channels (NBC, ABC)
> unencrypted over their analog cable, though I can't confirm whether
> that's the case with me.  If I understand you correctly, these would
> also be ATSC and not QAM, right?

This will vary by region, I presume, but in Seattle, at least, all the
free OTA HD channels are available on the clear on Comcast.

It's QAM on the cable, ATSC is just if you use an antenna.  Also, you'll
likely have to hack your channel table to get the frequencies to match
listings sources.
--
Mark Rafn    dagon at dagon.net    <http://www.dagon.net/>