[mythtv-users] Remote front end pauses during playback

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Sat Nov 3 04:54:21 UTC 2007

Master Backend / Frontend with two PVR150's
Slave Backend / Frontend with one PVR500

I am running version 0.20.2-166.fc7 of mythtv.  At very non consistent
times the remote front end will freeze and often exit a recording.  I
have found that when the playback freezes I can press the select button
and the recording will start again but if I do not press the select key
the recording will most often exit.

Both the backend and frontend are connected to a 100MB wired network and
I do not have any issues access or transferring large files from the
backend to any other computers on the network.  The remote front end
also has a slave back end and any shows that record on the slave backend
/ remote front end play just fine on both frontends.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

believed to be clean.