[mythtv-users] Upscaling SD content on an HDTV set

David Fishburn dfishburn.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 23:15:48 UTC 2007

On 11/1/07, Richard Woelk wrote:

[snip]

>     Using a 42" screen, you won't be able to see all 1920x1080 pixels
> further than about 4-5 feet away, but one reason I went to a 1080p set
> is that it is hard for computers to output a good interlaced signal.

Boy, never thought of that before.  Are you saying it is more CPU
intensive to create an interlace signal that an full 1080p signal?
Even though HD broadcast television doesn't have full 1080p signals
yet?

> I have a 61" Samsung DLP, and I find that mythDVD looks better than my
> standard DVD player hooked up via component.
> I don't have an HD capture solution, so my mythtv watching is always SD
> from a PVR-250 capture card. It is definitly watchable from 8 feet away.

Since I am using a PVR-500, could you tell me what settings (Utilities
-> Setup -> TV Settings -> Recording Profiles -> MPEG-2 Encoders ->
Default) you used:
Width:
Height:
Aspect Ratio: