[mythtv-users] DirecTV H20-100 receiver channel changing not working.

Dave dbadia at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 00:06:30 UTC 2007

On 10/31/07, Kevin Slater <kevin.slater at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been searching for an answer to my channel changing woes with my
> new DirecTV H20 receiver. I have read over the wiki page at: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Controlling_DirectTV_D11_via_USB
> and I've even helped a buddy to get this working on his setup with a
> DirecTV D11 receiver. No matter what combo of the parameters I use, I get
> the timeout and excessive retries problem. I have tried to verify the setup
> and cabling is with the following tests/actions:
>  - plugged usb to serial into an open usb port on the mythbox, shows up as
> /dev/ttyUSB0 and in dmesg as a PL2303 usb to serial adapter.
>  - plugged usb to serial into open usb, serial end of same cable into null
> modem cable, null modem cable into my first COM port. I ran cat /dev/ttyUSB0
> in one xterm
>      and ran echo "some random text" > /dev/ttyS0 in another xterm and the
> text appeared as expected in the 1st xterm.
>  - I ran the check for update routine after doing a reset on my H20
> receiver to pull down the latest firmware.
> I'd love to have any input from other H20 users. Maybe I'm missing
> something. My next attempt will be to go write a shell script to run through
> every possible combination of parameters to the directv.pl script. I'm
> using the 1.7 version, which I believe is the latest, contrary to what's
> reported on that wiki page cited above.
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> I've got an H20.  Had it working for awhile, then it got pretty flaky ~6
months ago.  It got so bad (receiver would lock up almost every day), I
ended up setting up a slave backend with an D11 box instead.

Anyway, I just recently tried to get it working again and was sucessful.

One note is that I had to switch the baud rate to 9600 (Previously I was
using 115200).

My firmware is at 0x2021

Hope this helps

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20071101/3cfe24d3/attachment.htm 

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list