[mythtv-users] Move to LiveTv group instead of deleting

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 22:13:22 UTC 2007

On 11/1/07, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> How about not putting something in there unless you want and expect it
> to be gone immediately? Deleted group is meant as a place to recover
> something immediately after you realize you deleted it. Not a place to
> store something in hopes you will get it back at a later time.

Here is the scenario that doesn't make sense to me:

1) Watch show.  Delete, it goes into the deleted group.
2) Another recording starts so show I just 'Deleted' is auto-expired.
3) Look in Deleted group and show I just deleted is gone, but there
are 100Gb of old recordings there including lots of 3 month old hockey
games...

Why go to all the trouble to use "Deleted" if your deleted show lasts
only 1 hour?  It makes more sense to actually expire the old stuff.
The feature is then more likely to be useful to someone who actually
wants a recording back.