[mythtv-users] Advertisement free tv? Well whats it worth to you?

jedi at mishnet.org jedi at mishnet.org
Thu Nov 1 19:22:34 UTC 2007

> On 11/1/07, Dean Collins <Dean at cognation.net> wrote:
>>

>> It's not Myth-TV related but I just posted this novel concept about
>> television advertising on my blog.
>>

>> I'm interested in what people think about the concept, particularly
>> would
>> you pay the three time multiple of approx 45c in order for you to watch
>> something commercial free. Now of course most Myth-TV users are going to
>> brag I never watch live tv yeh well maybe….but for the rest of you-what
>> do
>> you think?
>>

>> If you've got something specific to say you can post it on the comments
>> section of my blog or just reply here;
>>
>> http://deancollinsblog.blogspot.com/2007/11/advertisement-free-tv-well-whats-it.html
>>

> sounds far too logical for corporations to implement.
> maybe someday...
> ;)

I dunno. I don't think this would work. People are used to
getting their TV for free. So I think that there would be
considerable resistance to pay per view for everything.

I think higher priced flat rate channels would do far
better. Although at the end of the day when it's all said
and done I think that "cheap" is king.

The cheapest option will win out.

It's the Walmart effect.

I think downloads would catch on sooner that something
like this.