[mythtv-users] Fe / Be -- no mytharchive, so what to do?

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Thu May 31 20:49:51 UTC 2007

David Frascone wrote:

> So -- since MythArchive doesn't work with separated frontend and
> backend setups -- what's the easiest way to create DVD's from
> recordings, videos, and imported DVD's?
>
> Basically, I'm wondering what the easiest way is to take .mpg
> recordings, .avi, etc DivX, etc videos, and imported DVD's (raw ISO,
> VOB, or other video formats) and put them back onto DVD?
If you have a windows box on your network with a dvd burner you could
always share your directories and burn everything with windows software.

I thought mytharchive would run ok on a split system. You might want to
manually go thru the steps mytharchive takes and find out what step is
failing. You might find that you are missing a program or two. There has
also been some talk on the list about mytharchive failing due to
upgrades to some of the programs used.