[mythtv-users] Blurring

Remco Treffkorn remco at rvt.com
Thu May 31 05:19:43 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 30 May 2007, kim Gross wrote:
> norman wrote:

> >> If you are viewing on a LCD monitor rather than an old picture tube
> >> monitor the blurring is due to the response time of your monitor. This
> >> is very common with monitors as they are designed to "hold" the picture
> >> for a short time. This prevents flickering on normal computer viewing
> >> but is not desirable on a tv picture.
> >
> > So, what you are saying is that it is a function of the monitor and
> > nothing else. If that is the case then, because I have a LCD monitor, a
> > different video card is no advantage.
> >
> > Norman
>
> Correct.  A LCD monitor with a faster responce time will help, but not
> completely eliminate the problem.

Modern TFT LCDs are plenty good enough to be better than the codecs currently
in common use. You are probably seeing artifacts of the codec. The better the
screen you use, the more you will be able to perceive the imperfections in
the media watched.

On second thought, you are not talking about 'response time'. I don't know
anything about 'responce time'.

--
Remco Treffkorn (RT445)
HAM DC2XT