[mythtv-users] ivtv picture start overflow, please inform mythtv-dev at mythtv.org

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 29 23:19:39 UTC 2007

On 05/29/2007 06:53 PM, Dr. Johannes Zellner wrote:
> when jumping to a position I get messages like
>
>     ivtv picture start overflow, please inform mythtv-dev at mythtv.org
>
> and the jumps are really slow. Actually it depends on how far the jump is.
> Jumping 20 minutes takes much longer than just 1 minute. Jumping for
> 60 minutes can take about 1 minute (where the screen is just black).
>
> Any hints?

The slow seeking sounds like a broken seektable.  Make sure you run
optimize_mythdb.pl and then use "mythcommflag --rebuild" to fix any
"affected" recordings.  See "mythcommflag --help" for info on the
command-line arguments you'll need.

I've never seen the message you mention (but I haven't used my PVR-350
for TV out since 2 weeks after I bought it), so it probably won't be
fixed by this.  If so, though, please let us know.

Mike