[mythtv-users] Interactive TV (aka ITV in FE), MHEG, RedButton etc

j.pilk at tesco.net j.pilk at tesco.net
Tue May 29 18:21:58 UTC 2007

This is the third time of sending this post.  It seems my usual smtp server has been blacklisted as a spam conduit.  The original posts may appear later.

I googled this topic quite intensively (mainly as MHEG) to try to find a HowTo or other user info. Mostly I found dev items relating to the NZ version.  Eventually I came across the ITV Menu item in FE Edit Keys and things started to become clearer.

So far I haven't found a way to schedule recording of the primary RedButton content.  It seems to be accessible in live recordings of eg BBC1 or channel 301, but not AFAICT in scheduled recordings of BBC1, and my attempts to use the EIT-based Program Guide to schedule recordings on
301 are ignored.

I haven't tried the manual scheduler yet.  Is that what I  would have to use?

I'm in the UK running the ATrpms near-SVN 'bleeding' build.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

John P