[mythtv-users] pvr-150 ir receiver

Daniel Agar daniel at agar.ca
Tue May 29 04:00:13 UTC 2007

> Hello I have tried for countless hours to make the ir receiver of the
> pvr-150 to work, I have the one that come with a irblaster, but this is
> not
> a must for this one to work because I have a serial irblaster and anyway I
> would need to patch the lirc if I want it to work, which is beyond my
> knowledge right now .
>
> Everything seems to load correctly but I got nothing on the console when I
> start irw and press a button on my remote ( I know the card/ir
> receiver/remote works, i tried them on windows).
>
> By the way I try to install it on MythDora 4
>
> Any help would be extremely appreciated.
>
> Here is the contents of my files
> ----------------
> /etc/modprobe.conf:
>
> alias char-major-61-0 lirc_i2c
> alias char-major-61-1 lirc_serial
> options lirc_serial irq=4 io=0x3f8
> ####IR setup####
> install lirc_i2c /sbin/modprobe ivtv; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
> lirc_i2c
> install lirc_serial setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none; /sbin/modprobe
> --ignore-install lirc_serial
>
> ----------------
> /etc/rc.d/rc.local
>
> /sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c
> /sbin/modprobe lirc_serial
> /usr/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/lirc0 --output=/dev/lircd
> /usr/sbin/lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc1 --output=/dev/lircd1
> --pidfile=/var/run/lircd1.pid
>
> ------------------
>
> /etc/lircd.conf
>
> in this file I have the grayHauppauge remote and my cable box, I don't
> think
> I need to post it.
>
> ------------------
>
> /etc/sysconfig/lircd
>
> #Options to lircd
> LIRCD_OPTIONS=
>
> ------------------
>
> here is the list of currently loaded lirc modules:
>
> lsmod | grep lirc
>
> lirc_serial            15104  0
> lirc_i2c               11780  0
> i2c_core               24897  11
> cx88xx,bttv,lirc_i2c,i2c_ec,wm8775,cx25840,tuner,nvidia,ivtv,i2c_algo_bit,tveeprom
> lirc_imon              17924  1
> lirc_dev               16292  3 lirc_serial,lirc_i2c,lirc_imon
>
> --------------------
>
> and here is the lirc devices
>
> ls -l /dev/lirc*
>
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     5 May 28 18:46 /dev/lirc -> lirc0
> crw------- 1 root root 61, 0 May 28 18:46 /dev/lirc0
> crw------- 1 root root 61, 1 May 28 18:46 /dev/lirc1
> crw------- 1 root root 61, 2 May 28 18:46 /dev/lirc2
> srw-rw-rw- 1 root root     0 May 28 18:46 /dev/lircd
> srw-rw-rw- 1 root root     0 May 28 18:46 /dev/lircd1
> prw-r--r-- 1 root root     0 May 28 18:46 /dev/lircm
>
> Thanks

I use fc6 with a pvr 150 and IR. I don't have anything in
/etc/modprobe.conf concerning lirc and I don't have fedora start lircd on
its own. I simply have the following in /etc/rc.local

modprobe lirc_i2c
/etc/init.d/lircd start

You might try using this, and you could simply have the /dev/lirc symlink
point to the proper ir device. I don't have any options in my
/etc/sysconfig/lircd file.