[mythtv-users] HIPER HMC-2K53A as MythTv Frontend?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon May 28 15:15:58 UTC 2007

Dale wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Having issues with component out is a killer for me. My HDTV is pre-DVI.
> Too bad about them not supporting Linux. I wonder why the attitude on their
> part? You would think any business is good business.

Not if it costs the company more to develop for and support Linux than
they could ever possibly recover from the possible "business".

They are a "business" after all, not a charity to support Myth users.

Openly supporting the "bunch of pirates" that Linux users are perceived
to be by many could get them in a lot of trouble with a lot of other
"companies".

No company in it's right mind would risk losing money in order to get
into possible trouble.

BEWW