[mythtv-users] K-World 250U Problems

Jeff Sault jeff at potchin.co.uk
Sat May 26 20:50:45 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I'm having problems with channel locking in mythtv. I'm using UK
Freeview with a decent reception being reported on my set top box (new
aerial fitted recently). Everything is fine in kaffeine - all channels
picked up and viewable.

I can scan and find all channels via the mythtvsetup app but when I try
to view TV from the frontend I get the 'unable to get a channel lock'
error. I have tried increasing the timeout but its not had any effect.
When attempting to view a channel, the signal meter at the bottom hovers
around the 30% mark along with BE 22 and (l__) no lock. This same signal
percentage appears in kaffeine but the picture and audio are fine (as
with my set top box). I'm pretty sure this signal measure is not
accurate - has anyone else come across this using the drivers from
http://mcentral.de? Aside from this, is the a way to get mythtv to
ignore the channel locking or any other workarounds?

Distro: Fedora Core 6
Kernel: 2.6.19-1.2911.6.5.fc6
Myth TV: mythtv-0.20.1-157.fc6
Tuner: Kworld DVB-T 350U (em2880 chipset)

many thanks
Jeff