[mythtv-users] Tivo remote repeating button presses

Mark Chang mark.chang at gmail.com
Sat May 26 00:10:19 UTC 2007

This is more a lirc question, I know. But hey, maybe someone knows the
answer here.

I have a Tivo Series 2 remote, the streamzap USB receiver, binary
ubuntu edgy myth install. I've attached my lircd.conf and some key
portions of lircrc to this email.

The problem is that no matter what I set "repeat" to, it seems that
the Tivo remote produces multiple events if I am not super quick with
pressing the button.

Let me make that more clear -- when the wife uses the Tivo remote, it
behaves like she presses the buttons multiple times. She is getting
frustrated to the point of anger. WAF is getting very low :). I know
what she is talking about. If I press the remote like a normal person
presses remote buttons, about 50% of the time I get multiple events.
If I'm super light with the touch, it works fine.

I have tried increasing the repeat, but it doesn't seem to do the
trick. Not being a lirc person, maybe someone can help me before I
spend hours on this.

Thanks

------------ my lircrc ( a snippet ) ----------------

begin