[mythtv-users] [Myth OT?] Recommendations on Netflix plugin?

Patrick Wagstrom patrick at wagstrom.net
Sat May 26 00:05:53 UTC 2007

David Campbell wrote:
> Lan Barnes wrote:
>> Newbie here.
>>
>> I have Myth 0.2 working mostly on a FC6 box with a 1.6 gHz CPU. I'm still
>> exploring all the capabilities. I haven't even gotten video streaming
>> working yet.
>>
>> I am also a Netflix subscriber.
>>
>> Can anyone recommend trying the Netflix On Demand plug-in? Any tips or
>> gotchas? A URL to a good HOWTO?
>
> It can't be that difficult, on Ubuntu it is literally a case of
>
> apt-get install mythflix

The NetFlix plugin allows you to manage your queue, not use the
on-demand services from NetFlix.  As far as I know, there isn't a way on
Linux to view the NetFlix on Demand movie stuff.  If there was, I'm sure
that would be a killer feature for Myth.

Unfortunately, I believe that the issue is, once again, DRM and the
custom player you need.

--Patrick