[mythtv-users] Suggestions on a Video Card Please.

Paul.Buchanan at thomson.com Paul.Buchanan at thomson.com
Fri May 25 19:40:34 UTC 2007

> As for the video card, that is such a moving target that I am asking
> for help from you guys.  I have had good luck with Nvidia cards in
> the past,  So if possible would like to stay with that chipset.
>
> 'It would be nice' if the video board provided both composite video
> for my current TV, and something better for the LCD screen that I
> will probably buy within a year.
>
> 'It would be nice'  not to go overboard with something REALLY
> expensive, and with a fan that is going to make a lot of noise (Is
> fanless still possible with these cards?)

A large number of people on this list are using 6200 series Nvidia
cards.  Something like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814141035

may be what you are looking for.  That will support HD resolutions
via DVI -> HDMI for your future LCD, as well as composite to your
Existing SD TV.