[mythtv-users] Issue with channel changing script

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri May 25 15:51:00 UTC 2007

On 25/05/07, myth at 1000angrybadgers.com <myth at 1000angrybadgers.com> wrote:
> I am having an issue with using an IR Blaster to control my mythtv.  This
> worked for several years fine with my DirectTV but I recentely changed to
> a Cable box though.  I followed the tutorial at:
> http://www.eggshellskull.com/index.php
>
> The channel change script works fine from the command line but does not
> change to the correct channel from mythtv.  I have included the channel
> chage shell script below:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> REMOTE_NAME=DCT2524
> for digit in $(printf "%3.3d" $1 | sed -e 's/./& /g'); do
> /usr/bin/irsend --device=/dev/lircd1 SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME $digit
> sleep 0.2 # note, you may have to tweak the interdigit delay up a bit
> done
>
> Any ideas what is going wrong?

Make sure you have your channel numbers configured for those channels
on the video source controlled by the IR blaster. For each channel,
the frequency value needs to be equal to the number you want to pass
to the channel change script. If you need to, you can fix this using
mythtv-setup's channel editor. Also, make sure you have specified the
full path to the channel change script in mythtv-setup.

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/