[mythtv-users] will Nova-T 500 work?

Henrik Beckman henrik.list at gmail.com
Fri May 25 06:32:34 UTC 2007

On the pre hotplug driver i was, 'Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T
successfully deinitialized and disconnected' and then after a while you got
an oops.

On the newer hotplug drivers you get an write failed for mt2060 error
message, I donīt have the exact message at hand right now.

The newer driver as said has hotplug and requier a restart of
mythtv-backend, I think this disconnect soon will be handled by the
  backend and only be a few seconds long gap in the recording.

There is work being done but since the error seems to be connected to the
USB layer rather than the DVB layer i is hard to track down. The linux-dvb
mailinglist has more information about the problem and what improvments that
have been done, it seems like it is more or less stable on tmessagehe latest
kernel if you donīt use EIT.

If anyone could spare time to snoop the usb traffic while using the card in
windows let the DVB list know.

For me the card is stable but I donīt use EIT, canīt realy remeber last time
a recording failed.

/Henrik