[mythtv-users] Software RAID and ionice

davatar davatar at comcast.net
Thu May 24 19:25:01 UTC 2007

Bah, this is stupid. RAID5 performance is fine as long as you aren't doing
stupidly small writes. If the flush from the Mythtv is the size of the
stripe, then basically the performance hit is NIL, pretty much like writing
to a RAID0.

Someone needs to fix the Mythtv file writer, period. Don't blame your disks
for asking them to do something dumb. Theoretically a single disk is plenty
for almost any Mythtv system, but again stupid flushing algorithms will
bring any disk subsystem to it's knees.