[mythtv-users] Card 0 (type ) is set to start on channel 1 - Myth 0.21-159_trunk_r13460

Brian Walter blwalter at gmail.com
Thu May 24 18:06:58 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/24/2007 01:40 PM, Remco Treffkorn wrote:

>>> If in fact your DB were clean when you started adding cards, you'll have
>>> to explain the exact procedure you're using to add cards so I can either
>>> a) identify the bug in mythtv-setup or b) recommend changes to the
>>> procedure you're using.
>>>
>> Just to add another data point, I have the exact same behavior since I started
>> using Myth nine months ago. It happens every time I re-create my input
>> configuration after "Delete all capturecards". If I only add one of my
>> tuners, I may not have this problem, but as soon as I add one or two more:
>> bingo.
>>
>> I have long since concluded this is a nuisance only, and ignored it.
>>

> So, can anyone give me specific instructions for how to reproduce the
> problem?  I can't figure out how to reproduce it.
>
> Mike

Mike,

I know this is not 'specific', but, the way I wanted to build my tuners
was: HDHR's first ( 4 tuners) - then a pvr-150 then a pvr-500.

Digging into the cobwebs of my memory - I *think* if I did the pvr's
first - this issue did not occur. But, once I stared with HDHR's it did.
And it occurred after the first tuner was added  -  tuner0/device0.

If I remember, the OP was using firewire - something similar between
HDHR and firewire in the setup code?

Short of tearing my system apart again (Ugh...)....

Hope this gives *some* help.

Brian