[mythtv-users] command "irsend" producing eratic results

Gary gwgrover at windstream.net
Thu May 24 18:00:34 UTC 2007

For the last hour I have been issueing "irsend" commands from a console.
Some worked; some failed to work properly.

The commands I used were:
irsend send_once dish 1 2 0
and
irsend send_once dish 1 2 0 select

Sometimes the commands did what they should have done (ie change the sat
receiver to channel 120).

Sometimes the second digit was dropped; sometimes the third digit was
dropped and once the first digit was dropped.
I had mythtv running (full screen) with a console running as the active
task so that the commands could be issued, and the results viewed.

What are we seeing here, a bug in irsend or a failure in the satellite
receiver???