[mythtv-users] Issue with storage groups with MythWeb SVN on non-backend system

Bob Cottingham bobnvic at gmail.com
Thu May 24 16:21:11 UTC 2007

My MythWeb installation is not on a backend system. When I click on
the direct download or asx stream links I get an error like this:

1037_20070325210000.mpg does not exist in any recognized storage group
directories for this host.<?xml version="1.0" enco...

The directory on the master backend which contains the file is mounted
via NFS with the same mount point as on the backend server.

Also, when I click play on the flash player nothing happens except for
the preview image going away.

I installed a copy of mythweb on the backend and the links work,
however the flash player still doesn't do anything so it doesn't
appear to be the same problem. I don't see anything in the log files
so I don't know how to trace the problem.

Running mythweb on the backend was only a temporary solution to check
the storage group issue. What needs to be done to enable it to work on
the non-mythbackend webserver?

Thanks,
Bob