[mythtv-users] Card 0 (type ) is set to start on channel 1 - Myth 0.21-159_trunk_r13460

Brian Walter blwalter at gmail.com
Thu May 24 13:49:22 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/24/2007 09:08 AM, Brian Walter wrote:
>
>> Brian wrote:
>>

>>> Odd error exiting mythtv-setup:
>>>
>>> "Card 0 (type ) is set to start on channel 1, which does not exist. I
>>> didn't run into this problem the first time I set this up. "
>>>
>>> I dropped the mythconverg database, recreated, re-added two firewire
>>> cable boxes, added the channel line up and received this message when
>>> exiting mythtv-setup. Both firewire boxes have an existing channel
>>> defined to start in mythtv-setup. I have a PVR-350 installed but not
>>> configured in MythTV.
>>>
>> I've run into that one almost everytime I run setup.  I just find the
>> '0' card in the database and delete it.
>>

> Better approach:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034
>
> Mike

True - if you go through the add process once to generate the situation
(this occurs almost every time I start with a clean database) then
delete everything then re add, that generally will work.

However, that eventually started to take half a day to just modify the
inputs.  It is pretty obvious in the database that an incorrect card got
added - so I deleted it to just save time.