[mythtv-users] Card 0 (type ) is set to start on channel 1 - Myth 0.21-159_trunk_r13460

Brian blistmail at comcast.net
Thu May 24 13:45:50 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/24/2007 09:08 AM, Brian Walter wrote:
>> Brian wrote:
>>
>>> Odd error exiting mythtv-setup:
>>>
>>> "Card 0 (type ) is set to start on channel 1, which does not exist. I
>>> didn't run into this problem the first time I set this up. "

<snip>

>> I've run into that one almost everytime I run setup.  I just find the
>> '0' card in the database and delete it.
>
> Better approach:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034

I did that and the problem re-appeared. I don't have a card '0' in
mythconverg.

mysql> select cardid from capturecard;
+--------+
| cardid |
+--------+
|      1 |
|      2 |
+--------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

But I do have it here... Strange.

mysql> select cardinputid,cardid from cardinput;
| cardinputid | cardid |
|           1 |      1 |
|           2 |      0 |
|           3 |      2 |
3 rows in set (0.01 sec)

Should I just delete cardinputid 2? I didn't find a bug in trac.

-Brian