[mythtv-users] PS3 getting DLNA network streaming capability

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Thu May 24 07:52:43 UTC 2007

On 5/24/07, Adrian <642040 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Promising and frustrating at the same time.  Oh well, hopefully it can be
> sorted in time for .21?  By the way, even though I can see my Twonkyvision
> server, it does not see any playable music there either (my music is mostly
> mp3's).

Upgraded this morning (fairly recent svn backend). A few initial observations:-

 - PS3 seems to lose its connection to the mythtv server if you stop
browsing recordings etc and then go back in. Need to reboot PS3 or
restart backend.
 - as already posted, it doesn't play mp3s.
 - doesn't play h.264 ts streams (dvb-t)
 - doesn't play ripped dvd iso's (unsurprisingly)
 - generally fine with dvb-t/dvb-s mpeg2 files.
 - complete lack of ability to skip/rewind/fastforward etc - a real
showstopper for me.
 - playback quality seems to be pretty good. Upscales SD to your
default resolution - excellent deinterlacing etc.
 - seems obsessed with playing pal streams at 60Hz. Copes pretty well
but given that it manages to play pal dvd's using 50Hz settings...

Mark