[mythtv-users] ATI Remote Wonder and pvr150 lirc

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu May 24 00:03:00 UTC 2007

On 23/05/07, Gregg <3gemail at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can the pvr150 ir port and ATI wonder  Live together? Or should I just
> enable one?

You should be able to use them both together, if they are configured
correctly. Are you using the PVR-150 card for the IR blaster? If you
are just using the IR receivers, why do you need them both working?

> Do I have to compile lirc mannually for the ATI to work with mythtv?

You may (or more likely may not) need compile to get the two devices
working. Compiling to get them working in MythTV is irrelevant - you
need to get them working on your system. MythTV can only use what is
alredy working - this applies to all hardware such as video cards,
capture cards, soundcards, remotes controls, etc, etc.

> I ask this because for some reason when I run irrecord I get an error
> asking if lirc is running, when irw works.

lircd *should not* be running when starting irrecord. lircd *must* be
running when starting irw.

To get both IR devices working at the same time, you may well need to
run two lircd instances - like /dev/lircd and /dev/lircd1 - with each
lircd socket talking to one of the devices. As you will be using two
different LIRC kernel moduels you should not need to recompile LIRC as
modprobing the two different kernel modules for the ATI and Hauppauge
devices should suffice.

The typical requirement of recompiling a second installation of LIRC
comes when a user wants to run two separate devices using the same
kernel module. This scenario is common when running a serial IR
receiver and a serial IR transmitter on different serial ports.

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/