[mythtv-users] In praise of MythDora 4.0 and MythTV

Larry Jones larry at foxgulch.com
Wed May 23 18:10:44 UTC 2007

If you haven't tried MythDora 4.0 yet,  I urge you to give it another
look.   Dennis and Jarod did a superb job of packaging Fedora 6 and the
fixes version of Mythtv .20.   I've tried KnoppMyth(sp?) and Mythdora
3.2 and tried following Jarod's  Do It Yourself MythTV web
instructions.  None of those tries resulted in a working copy of MythTV
without nagging flaws.  MythDora 4.0 simply installed and ran.  I only
had to add my .mythtv/lirccd  and  /etc/lirc.conf files for my specific
choice of infrared remote.  It's been rock sold recording OTA HD  from
our six local HD stations here for several weeks now.

 Thank you also to the MythTV developers.   IMHO, this is a must have
killer app. that puts M$ equivalents to shame.  When someone said MythTV
is a Tivo on steroids, they were right on.      Thank you one and
all.      Even my wife is impressed!

Larry J.