[mythtv-users] MythMusic configure AV Receiver

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Wed May 23 15:19:04 UTC 2007

On 5/23/07, Tony Baca <cfr131 at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I listen to my music collection through MythMusic, I would like
> Myth to send an IR signal to my AV receiver to switch out of Dolby
> Decode into to straight stereo, and then switch back when I exit
> MythMusic.  I have a working LIRC, but I don't see anywhere I can
> call/send IR codes as part of MythMusic start/stop?

This is something I've been wanting as well.  I thought it would be very
difficult though considering you'd need a working IR blaster that's
compatible with linux.  You'd then need to "record" the IR commands for
switching modes.  Then, MM would need to be able to call the script before
it starts, and call it again when it ends.  It'd be a sweet addition, but
probably unlikely.

Jim