[mythtv-users] channels.conf not being imported

Michelle Dupuis support at ocg.ca
Wed May 23 14:51:37 UTC 2007

I've been struggling with this problem for a few days now...hopefully
someone can help!

Mythbackend will not scan my satellites (signal 0% and s/n 0%) during a full
scan.  From what I've read lots of people have this problem, so I created a
channels.conf file (scandvb seemed to work fine) that looks like this (top 5
lines only):

HSTDv:12224:h:1:20000:4642:4644:84
CPACF:12224:h:1:20000:5666:5668:149
NEWS1:12224:h:1:20000:6434:6435:196
A-LON:12224:h:1:20000:4130:4131:220
CTV-L:12224:h:1:20000:4898:4899:237

I then start the backend setup and go to the INPUT CONNECTIONS, then select
my sat entry, and select SCAN CHANNELS, and then select INPUT FROM
CHANNELS.CONF and point to this file.  Once I click next, Myth still does a
scan - which eventually times out.

What is going on?  Shouldn't IMPORT preclude the need for a scan?  There are
no errors onscreen, in the back end log, etc.  How to I get past this?

HELP!!!!!!

Thanks,
Michelle