[mythtv-users] may be viewing antenna, not cable feed

Jake Vickers jake at v2gnu.com
Wed May 23 10:43:57 UTC 2007

Tiffany K wrote:
> I am viewing what looks like feed coming from an antenna instead of
> cable(Comcast). I can see local channels(a little distortion, some
> B&W). All  upper channels are static The cable line works when I plug
> it directly into the TV(bypassing MythTV).
>
> I am using GeForce 6200, Hauppauge-500, FC6, MythTV-0.20. I used
> instructions from http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/index.php to install.
Back in the backend setup, under Video Source Setup, select your input
(DataDirect for me) and change the channel frequency table from default
to us-cable.
Or to do it globally, go into the General settings for the backend, and
on the 2nd screen (if I remember right) you'll see a box for channel
frequency table. Change that to us-cable.