[mythtv-users] How mythtv determines startup mode?

Eduard Huguet eduardhc at gmail.com
Wed May 23 07:21:54 UTC 2007

Hi,
    I'd like to know how exactly works the mechanism in MythTV that
determines if the computer has been powered on manually or else
automatically due to a scheduled recording. The reason is that I'm seeing
that sometimes this it's failing due to unknown reasons, as it wrongly
identifies the mode as "USER" (according to the
/var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log file) when it started in fact automatically.

   This causes the system to power off again automatically (because it's
idle...), missing the recording.

Cheers,
  Eduard