[mythtv-users] MythArchive problem

Steve Harrington steve at the-harringtons.org
Wed May 23 01:39:07 UTC 2007

PC in my

/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/themes/Compact/theme.xml

 > > I get this same error when I run as a normal user.  Try starting
 > > mythfrontend as root.  It seems to be an effective work around, but I
 > > would like to have a fix.
 > >
 > > Matt
 > >
 > > Thanks Matt!
 > >
 > > I'm still encountering this issue even if I start as root.  If it
helps any, this is a stand-alone front end setup, so the file(s) must be
transmitted over the network if that makes a difference.

 > > Thanks!
 > > Steve

Can you burn an ISO image, starting as root?

Matt

Thanks for replying, Matt.  If I start as root, I cannot burn an ISO in
MythArchive.  I can burn a video I ripped from MythDVD though directly
to the front-end machine, but when I try to burn a show from the remote
backend via root or not I still get the above error.

Thanks!
Steve