[mythtv-users] ATRPMS-Bleeding state?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue May 22 23:28:58 UTC 2007

On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 03:43:31PM -0400, Joe Borne wrote:
> Can anyone running the current ATRPMs-bleeding packages tell me how it's
> going? I've been having lots of transcoding problems that I've been unable
> to solve. I'm hoping an upgrade will fix some things.
> [...]
> I'm tired of chasing the rabbit down the hole and I'd like to fix it in one
> fell swoop by upgrading. But if I go to bleeding, am I just trading one
> devil for another?

The bleeding packages are not after offering a stable setup for
production, but for allowing users to provide feedback to the
developers on the state of the svn trunk.

So, while for months now users have been quite lucky and happy with
using the bleeding packages, these packages don't guarantee that they
won't wipe all your shows on the next upgrade.

Having said that, since these are just packages, if you backup your
mysql database, you can easily upgrade and downgrade again. That's the
nice thing about packaged software. :)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net