[mythtv-users] myth.rebuilddatabase.pl recovers recordings with truncated playtimes (SOLVED)

JS Boyd mythtv at futures.com
Tue May 22 17:14:30 UTC 2007

Thank you. That was the key.

The exact command I used to fix these files was:

 > mythtranscode --mpeg2 --buildindex --showprogress --infile
Recording_File_that_needs_new_seek_table.mpg

The solution is also addressed in this message:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/183846#183846

I've attached a shell script to this message to simplify fixing multiple
files.

Perhaps this should become part of myth.rebuilddatabase.pl

S.

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/21/2007 04:53 PM, JS Boyd wrote:
>
>> I already cleaned out the old shows with mythfrontend. I used the SVN
>> version of myth.rebuilddatabase.pl to import the orphaned recordings.
>> Some imported fine, but others mostly the HDTV shows recorded via
>> HDHomerun ones all have short lengths.
>>
>> Does anyone know where MythTV gets it's idea of a show's recorded length?
>>

> For the HDTV shows, mythcommflag --rebuild is much more likely to fail.
> You can use mythtranscode --buildindex for those.  Search the archives
> for several variations on arguments.
>
> Mike

==
Ubuntu Edgy 6.10
MythTV SVN version below
AMD 64 x2 4200+ 65W Energy Efficient Processor
Abit NF-N2 nView Motherboard
NVidia 6150 video VGA/DVI
PVR-500 (Phillips Chipset)
 IVTV 0.7.0-2+2.6.17.1-10.34
HDHomerun
1GB RAM
500GB Seagate SATA: ST3500641AS
SONY DVD RW AW-G170A
Library API version     : 0.20.20070327-1
Source code version     : 13427
Network Protocol Version: 34
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_xvmcw using_v4l using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_ivtv using_firewire using_libavc_5_3 using_dbox2 using_hdhr using_iptv using_live using_lirc using_joystick_menu using_x11 using_xv using_xrandr using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_opengl_vsync using_opengl using_frontend using_backend using_bindings_perl