[mythtv-users] Analyzing why Myth didn't record Office season finale

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 22 17:13:27 UTC 2007

On 05/22/2007 12:23 PM, David Frascone wrote:
> On the subject of how to record series -- I already use "record all"
> -- but -- sometimes when I don't watch a sci-fi series fast enough,
> they get auto-expired.  Does myth know to re-record a show if it
> expires w/o being watched?

Yep.  Myth will automatically delete and allow re-record any non-LiveTV
recordings it autoexpires (so LiveTV won't erase recording history if
you watch/flip past some show you've previously recorded).  However, if
you're using SVN trunk and have Myth set to automatically set the
Watched flag or you set it manually, you can affect the decision with:

Re-record watched programs
If set, programs that have been marked as watched and are auto-expired
will be re-recorded if they are shown again.

This will allow you to use autoexpire for everything (i.e. never delete
anything) and still benefit from duplicate matching.

Mike