[mythtv-users] more scheduler options

Brett Kosinski fancypantalons at gmail.com
Tue May 22 13:48:10 UTC 2007

> > anytime on this day
> > Any day starting between x hr and y hr (eg 8pm - 10pm)
> > This covers shows which repeats on other days from an older series
>
> >Like the Bill, perhaps? Is that what prompted your email because I've
> ?noticed it recently and it is a minor annoyance?
>
> Yes and a few other shows more recently Mclouds are showing previous
> series during the daytime slot

Well, it's pretty easy to achieve this using a power search.  Of course, if
you lack SQL knowledge, that might be a little more tricky.  But something
like this will do:

Between 8 and 10pm:

program.title = "Program Title" and
hour(program.starttime) >= 20 and
hour(program.starttime) <= 22

On Tuesday:

program.title = "Program Title" and
date_format(program.starttime, "%W") = "Tuesday"

TBH, I find I use power searches quite often (in my case, I'd call it a
killer feature).  In particular, I have a number of shows where I want to
say "record at any time on any channel *except* these channels ...", to give
the scheduler maximum flexibility while avoiding re-runs (eg, CSI + Spike).
Or, in the case of BSG, Space airs the original series and the new series,
with identical show titles, forcing me to do a time-slot based schedule,
which breaks if the show moves around.  But a power search lets me search by
seriesid, which solves that problem.

Brett.