[mythtv-users] Lack of aerial access

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Tue May 22 10:43:55 UTC 2007

On 5/22/07, Dan Gravell <dan.gravell at talk21.com> wrote:

> To make it more complicated the aerial actually comes through the ground as
> it is communal. I found an entry point last night I think (a hole with a
> covering 'CATV' over it which I believe can mean communal antenna as well as
> cable TV), although unlike my neighbours' mine had nothing running out of
> it. I should get some tools out and have a look inside.

When we were in the UK, we ran some co-ax from the downstairs TV to
the upstairs TV without  bothering to hide the cable too much.

Our house was all brick walls, so we ran the cable up the wall behind
the curtain near to where the window frame was.  All you could see was
about 4 inches of cable above the curtain rail, which was almost
invisible when painted the same colour as the wall paper.

Once the cable was into the ceiling space, we just pulled back the
carpet upstairs, lifted the edge of the floor-boards and pulled the
cable through and ran it along the edge of the walls, near the carpet
grippers.

This is in no-way the most elegant solution, however, it was easy to
do and costs nothing more than the cable itself and a couple of cable
clips (and the left-over paint from the last time we decorated).

HTH's a little,
Whytey