[mythtv-users] H.264 transcoding

Rudy Zijlstra mythtv at grumpydevil.homelinux.org
Mon May 21 00:06:49 UTC 2007

Phill Edwards wrote:
>> This works well on MPEG2, but on H.264 recordings this fails.
>>

> I didn't know you could transcode to H.264. Are you running SVN?

I am not transcoding to H.264. I am recording H.264

Yes, the test system is running SVN head. But could have come from
operational system as well, as it is captured material, and both
0.20-fixes and SVN trunk can capture this. I'm still working on adding
this to the operational system. And not all FE will be able to handle
those recordings, as H.264 HD is compute heavy....