[mythtv-users] Building a MythTV Box

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun May 20 23:28:08 UTC 2007

> Can anyone recommend the additional components togo with the server, for
> tuner's I am considering a Hauppauge Nova T-500 Dual , it would be nice
> to feed my sky+ output through the media PC too.

You'll need a good sized hard disk.

The tuner card will probably come with a remote control. If you don't
like it you may need to get a serial IR receiver (get them cheap off
eBay) so you can buy any remote you like. But if you're looking at
integrating a cable box as well you may be better off getting an IR
Blaster so you can control that with your remote too.