[mythtv-users] deinterlacing and non-smooth playback at 1080i

Seth Daniel mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org
Sun May 20 17:36:22 UTC 2007

On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 10:00:43AM +0200, Mario Minati wrote:
> Seth Daniel schrieb:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I saw the recent "Bob deinterlacing drops frames" thread and became
> > interested.  I don't know if the problem(s) I am seeing are exactly the
> > same but I'm hoping maybe someone can help me resolve my issues with Bob
> > deinterlacing and non-smooth playback when my TV is at 1080i.
> >
> > I have an nvidia 6200TC connected to my RPTV over DVI.
> >
> > I have 0/SyncToVBlank set to 1 and 0/XVideoTextureSyncToVBlank set to 1
> > in my nvidia-settings-rc file.  OpenGL sync and real-time priority
> > threads are turned on in the frontend.
> >
> > xvidtune shows the following as my modeline:
> > "1920x1080"    74.18   1920 2008 2056 2200   1080 1084 1089 1124 +hsync +vsync interlace
> >
> > Can anyone determine what is going on?  Playback with Bob (or any
> > mythtv deinterlacer) is sporadically choppy.  It looks like every now
> > and then a frame or two gets dropped.  It isn't always choppy with quick
> > panning, sometimes it will be choppy without any panning or camera
> > movement at all.
> >

> I thought when your TV is expecting interlace data you don't make a
> deinterlacing in MythTV as your TV is taking care of that.

Good thought.  However, the nvidia driver doesn't handle sending 1080i
content to a 1080i resolution very well at all.  So you have to
deinterlace to have any hope of a decent picture (or such is my
understanding).

(...and others...)

--
seth / @sethdaniel.org
If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car