[mythtv-users] PVR 150s Cheap

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun May 20 00:41:49 UTC 2007

Jack Trout wrote:
> I just went to a Circut City Warehouse Store, they have new in box,
> never opened, PVR150 Media Center Kits model 1062, for 39.99 a peice. I
> am not sure how many of these warehouse stores are out there, but they
> had about 10 of these on the shelf. My location was in Columbus, Ohio.
> it even has the Remote and IR Blaster..

I've seen them occasionally for that price at CC retail stores, you just
have to keep your eyes open. I'm in Cheyenne, Wyoming, not exactly a
hotbed of electronic discounters.

I think analog capture devices will continue to get cheaper as the day
approaches when they will useful only for capturing baseband NTSC, but
that day is years away.

I really don't think the cost of PVRs is a major stumbling block to
anyone serious about building a Myth box, at least in the USA.

You have to be careful though, and be sure to get the type of remote you
want: The Hauppauge units or the Windows MCE USB type.