[mythtv-users] Lirc "pauses" ?

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Sat May 19 21:31:45 UTC 2007

Phil Bridges schreef op 19-5-2007 14:48:
> On 5/19/07, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> For some reason, lirc takes 30s to 1 minute pauses now and then.  So,
>>> the remote will work fine -- then it wont -- for a long period.  Then,
>>> it will suddenly work again.
>>>
>>> Has anyone else seen this behavior?  I'm using lircd_serial.
>> I'm also getting this issue. It's really annoying because it stops you
>> skipping through the ads etc. Did you fix it?
>
> What lirc device are you using?  Mine is lirc_mceusb.  I wonder if
> this is a lirc issue or a Myth issue.

I'm sorry for responding to this issue so late, even though I have it as
well.
Got:
1. Homebuild receiver which worked well in the past under Fedora Core 4,
now under 6 I got problems.
2. MCE remote, yes the one from MS whcih works fine on another PC and
shows other behaviour with almost-empty batteries.
3. IRW, doesn't record anything when this happens even though lircd is
working, a restart  of lircd doesn't make a difference, or error for
that matter.
4. lirc_serial is loaded and stays loaded, a reload followed by a
restart of lircd doesn't change things, doens;t make them worse as I can
tell either.
5. Dmesg isn't spitting out any errors
6. Packages for myth. lirc an the like are provided by ATRPMS, and
seemed to work fine for FC4. Saying this because Axel normally uses same
build-options as I understood?
7. Frontend is still controllabe by keyboard.
8. It seems, that MPLAYER will accept a bit longer after a
lirc-doesn't-work-cycle starts, but it usually stops working a little
later as well.
9. Cycle normally seems to last for around 90 minutes, this is just a
rough estimate but generally it does.

Hope this info helps to look at other things, I'm at a loss what the
issue could be.

Regards,

Jos Hoekstra