[mythtv-users] Intel 945GM graphics ok?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sat May 19 19:33:18 UTC 2007

On Saturday 19 May 2007 12:55:03 Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anyone have experience with Myth on the Intel 945GM chipset?
>
> I read some reports that synchronisation is not working properly on the
> 965 resulting in tearing, but the 915 works. I wonder where the 945 fits
> in between?
>

> I am considering the purchase of a new frontend with 945GM on board and
> would welcome any comments.

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS,
943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [VGA])

That'd be the graphics in my mac mini, and it works damned good. So far as I
know, its only the 965 that has the tearing issue, slightly earlier stuff
works great.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com