[mythtv-users] Audio Sync problem -- need help

Craig Huff huffcs at yahoo.com
Sat May 19 16:14:19 UTC 2007

<snip>

> The script is pxcut.sh. It needs to be edited and all instances of
> jmd0 need to be replaced with the name of your master backend machine.
> Also paths need to be updated to match your setup.
>
> Now what I do is I first go in mythtv. View the show and press E to
> edit then I hit page-down (I believe) to turn on the commflag cuts.
> Then I edit these for each show that I want to cut. Then I exit
> mythfrontend and do a
>
> ls *<something showspecific>.mpg | xargs -n1 -i sh pxcut.sh {}
>
> Then this cuts all the shows that I had selected in the ls command
> renaming the originals to filename.mpg.old.
>
> Then after that I run mytharchive for the shows I cut. I usually do
> this days after I did the cut.. This proceedure has only failed on 1
> dvd for me and I have made > 100 with mytharchive.
>
> John

John,

I have looked over the script and I have a couple of things I will need more guidance on.

Firstly, it looks like I don't have projectx already installed. ;-(
I didn't find any RPM packages that look like they provide it, either.
(I checked fedora-core, -extras, -updates, atrpms, and freshrpms.)

Is this the Project X I found on SourceForge?  If so, I have not had to build any applications from sources before (on Linux, anyway).  How is that done?  Is there a makefile?  Makefiles I have looked at for Linux apps can be quite complex.  How do I tell what object(s) to "make"?  I *should* have the tools needed to build from sources already installed, e.g. gcc and make.

Secondly, I have several *.mpg files in my recordings directory ;-)
How do I determine which one is the one I want to record?  (In other words, how to I translate filenames like 1002_20070517195900.mpg to "Batman Returns" or "My Mother the Car"?)

Craig Huff