[mythtv-users] OT? Timestretch playback of radio recordings

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sat May 19 10:30:01 UTC 2007

Recordings from UK DVB-T radio stations come with a blank video stream,
and can be played within MythTV with timestretch.  I usually strip out
the mp2 sound to a smaller file and play this with RealPlayer, but
AFAICT this doesn't offer timestretch, and much Googling hasn't produced
clear suggestions.

Can anyone please recommend an mp2 player that offers speed control?
SoX, the soundtouch library and Audacity all apparently have some
capability but I'd like a user-friendly player as an rpm for FC5.

TIA

John P