[mythtv-users] Audio Sync problem -- need help

Craig Huff huffcs at yahoo.com
Fri May 18 16:15:23 UTC 2007

Joe,

Thanks for the input.

The DVDs don't play right on the MythTV system or on my standalone DVD player, so I don't think it's the fault of the players.

However, your comment about seeing this when there is corruption in the data stream may be a lead.

Would that be corruption from low/poor video signals or (I suspect) from capture data problems such as I/O  and/or CPU throughput?

What would be most productive for checking throughput problems -- iostat?  mythbackend logs?  others???

Even so, while there may be such corruption, the capture video plays back on MythTV ok.  Is there no clean, straightforward method to get a captured video that has corruption put onto a DVD for playback in a standard player?

Craig Huff